What is HBLASS?
Hawke’s Bay Local Authority Shared Services (HBLASS) supports collaboration of the five Hawke’s Bay councils to improve delivery of Service and Value in our region.
The five councils are Central Hawke’s Bay District, Hastings District, Hawke’s Bay Regional, Napier City and the Wairoa District Councils.
Our objectives are to improve service and value to ratepayers, residents and councils including:
- Improved levels of service for the same or reduced costs.
- Improved utilization of property, plant, equipment and resources.
- Joint procurement improving service and reducing costs to each council.
- Increased value through innovative approaches.
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness in how things get done.
Collaboration on Shared Services, procurement and working together is not a new thing for Hawke’s Bay councils. There are many existing examples, with just a few set out below.
|Joint Property Valuation Service||Joint Energy & Insurance Procurement||Omaranui Landfill|
|Regional Transport Strategy||Civil Defence Emergency Management||Geographic Information Services (GIS)|
|Refuse/ Recycling Collection Contracts||Matariki - Regional Economic Development Strategy Services||Coastal Management|
|Training & Development||Internal Audit||Parks|
|Pathways Development||Information Technology||Hawke's Bay Tourism|