The Board has established a forum for second tier managers to become more involved in the work of developing an ongoing work programme for HBLASS. The Terms of Reference for the group are set out below.
Terms of Reference
The purpose of the Shared Services Advisory Group is to foster and assist the promotion, development and implementation of Shared Services initiatives within Hawke’s Bay councils.
- The Chief Executive of each member Council of HBLASS Ltd may appoint two 2nd Tier Managers from their authority.
- The Executive Officer of HBLASS Ltd shall be chairman of the Advisory Group. In the event that the Executive Officer is also a 2nd Tier Manager from a Hawke’s
Bay Council that Council may still appoint two members of the Advisory Group.
- The Advisory Group shall meet as required and at not more than two monthly intervals.
- The Group shall at all times seek to reach consensus, in the event of a vote the Chairman shall not have a casting vote.
- Minutes of Group meetings shall be provided to the Board at the earliest opportunity.
Shared Services Projects
- The Shared Services Advisory Group shall act as a driving agent for shared services activity within each of the shareholding councils.
- The Group shall identify and promote shared services opportunities within the shareholding councils and to the Board
- The Group shall assist the Board by reviewing and providing commentary and advice on projects and shared services opportunities.